For students interested in applying to be a part of the incoming 9th grade class in the 2020-2021 school year, please see the timeline below:
- The application will be available online for current SCUSD students from November 18 - December 19, 2019.
- If you live in the SCUSD boundaries but attend a non-SCUSD school, you must pre-register for access to the online application. Pre-register at the SCUSD Enrollment Center (5601 47th Avenue).
- For students who attend 8th grade at an SCUSD location: Application testing will take place at your school on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
- For students who live inside the SCUSD boundaries and attend a school that is NOT an SCUSD school: Application testing will take place at West Campus on Saturday, December 7, 2019. Please contact the school’s front office to RSVP for testing. Doors will open at 8AM, and testing will begin at 9AM.
- For students who live inside the SCUSD boundaries and miss one of the previous two test dates: Make-up testing for the application will take place at West Campus on Saturday, December 14, 2019. Please contact the school’s front office to RSVP for testing. Doors will open at 8AM, and testing will begin at 9AM.
In addition to testing…
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) from all terms in 7th grade and the first term of 8th grade will be considered.
- Student activities will be reviewed.
- Completed recommendation forms from two teachers are required – one should come from the applicant’s current ELA teacher, and the other should come from a current teacher with classroom knowledge of the applicant (math, teacher, or social science teacher).
- West Campus Front Office: (916) 395-5170
- Office hours: 7:30AM – 4PM, Monday-Friday